Monday, May 3, 2010

Creative Reuse


Well, I'm only partially recovered from last week's tile and stone extravaganza. With hundreds of tile manufactures to visit, Coverings is always overwhelming. It usually takes me a few days to process all that I've seen (and for my feet to stop hurting). I'm going to post a few of my favorite finds over the next few days.

One product that stood out was this re purposed antique tile from LTS Ceramics in West Palm Beach. They actually take the old tile and slice it to make thin pieces and then create mosaics using the fronts and backs of the tile. They also mix in stone, too. The results are beautiful and unique.

Depending on the tiles used and the patterns created, the mosaics are vastly different in tone. One is classical, one whimsical, one artistic.

I suppose this product could be considered the ultimate in recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment